home Photobucket about Photobucket featured Photobucket favorite posts

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

TV Backdrop

Do you ever wonder how you could have looked at something broken and unattractive for so long with out fixing it?  I have had this pine armoire for at least 10 year now and it has served us well.  It has been with us in 6 houses.  During one of the moves the particle board that covers the back of the armoire was damaged.


Ugly!

So here was my fix

Oddly I had a piece of fabric that was the perfect size!
Some double sided tape and it was done!

I am not in love with it but it will do until I come up with another option
or get the nerve to attempt built ins!

Let me know what you think!

I am linking up with

9 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the fabric. It looks wonderful. I just bought a sheet of thin beadboard at Lowe's and did the back of mine. It looks fabulous and how easy. Just cut to the right size and then blued in with some dabs of epoxy in all 4 corners. It looks like a million dollars and for $20. I couldn't have done better. Hugs, Marty

All That Glitters said...

wow!!! that looks great!!!

Melissa said...

What a wonderful quick and easy fix.

Vanessa said...

I think that looks fabulous and I totally relate to having projects that you know you need to do but don't ever do them! I love the fabric you used and think it adds another layer to the space!
Vanessa
http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Very clever fix! Admiring your horizontal stripes!!!

KimMalk said...

Hi Lacy, that was a nice, easy fix. I looks great. That area does look like it's begging for a built in ;). Thanks for linking.

KimMalk said...

Hi - I just wanted to make sure you knew this was featured last week (if you already commented, sorry.)

The 5 Bickies said...

I love the fix. Built ins would look great in that space!

Unknown said...

wow thats looks so great!