home Photobucket about Photobucket featured Photobucket favorite posts

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Easy but Impressive Napkins

Each tablescape tells a little about me.  Some point of my personality is shown on the table.  I could be feeling formal, elegant, casual, nostalgic and more on any given day.  That is what I have found I love about tablescaping.  It allows me to use my creativity in a different way than designing a room.  I don't have to commit to this look for long but I sure do love playing dress up!

Yesterday I was feeling very casual when creating my tablescape.  I didn't want fussy (which I normally do) but wanted something that is inviting and feels comfortable.  You can see that tablescape here.  I also told you about The New Napkin Folding book put out by Victoria that I checked out from the library.  I wanted to share some of what I learned to you.

Here are the napkin folds from yesterday:



I wanted to show you step-by-step how to fold the
Fleur-de-lis



Fold the napkin in half horizontally. 
Position the folded edge at the bottom.

Fold the upper right-hand corner down to the center.
Fold the left-hand corner in the same way.
Bring the lower right corner of the triangle up to the top center point.
Fold the lower left corner up to the top center, creating a diamond shape.

Fold the top points out to form wings as shown. 

Slip the bottom point of the napkin into the ring. 
Adjust the folds as needed.

I love how a simple napkin can really add some fun to a tablescape.  I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial.  There is a really cool bread box fold that I want to try!  I will be working on some more this weekend to share with you.

I am linking up with My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Fridays.



6 comments:

Abramyan Avenue said...

Wow!!! You make it look so simple! I want to grab a napkin and try it myself!
I hope you post more tutorials in the future. I couldn't fold a napkin for a million dollars!!
-April

Lori E said...

I can do that. Fold here..turn there..no wait...fold it the other way..ummm no from the the other side...wait wait...okay never mind here is your lovely paper napkin.

Atticmag said...

Wonderful to know how to fold such an elegant napkin. Bookmarking!

BTW - we have a unique kitchen backsplash giveaway that might be useful to you or a friend. Please stop by our Giveaway Friday! Jane F.

Ms. Bake-it said...

I really need to get a book on how to fold napkins. I totally stink at it and typically do the same thing ever time! Thanks for the tutorial!

~ Tracy

Karen said...

Cool!!! What nice touch to add to any tablesetting.
Thanks.
Have a great weekend.
Karen
Ladybug Creek

KimMalk said...

Thanks for the fleur de lis tutorial. I saw that done recently and was wondering about it. Oh, and I recognized the pedestal bowl on your last post ;). I don't have that piece.