home Photobucket about Photobucket featured Photobucket favorite posts

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Southern Family Dinner

It's Tablescape Thursday time and I wanted to do a simple southern tablescape that my family would actually enjoy eating off of!  Sweet tea, curly leaf ferns and fun dishes set the way for a comfy family meal.

Come on in....














My assistant Phat Fifi!





Something is missing??

Aww, much better.  You don't get much more southern than sweet tea!



All this work tuckered Fifi out!

Bowls *Baum Brothers* Asain Collection * Goodwill
Bread plates * Johnson Bros.* Goodwill
Serving bowls * Mikasa* Italian Countryside*
Salad Plates* Bordallo Pinheiro* Ross
Dinner Plates* Longaberger
Placemats & Napkins * HomeGoods
Napkin Rings * Pottery Barn

I found this book at the library yesterday:

Come back and see me tomorrow for a napkin folding tutorial!

I hope you enjoyed my southern family tablescape.  My kids love Wednesdays when we dine in style!
Go visit all the beautiful tablescapes hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch!

15 comments:

Tricia said...

Great napkins folds! I'll be back tomorrow! Those linens are great, and they look wonderful with your dishes and the apples and fern. So appealing!

All That Glitters said...

Oh my!!! you living room and kitchen is just gorgeous!!! You table scape is soooo pretty!!! I really love your place mats and napkin rings!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I gotta tell you....Fifi is the star of the show!

Your tablescape looks beautiful and I love your
diningroom decor.

hugs
Sissie

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Beautiful! I used my Mikasa Italian Countryside this week, as well! Love the green plates!

Allison Shops said...

Very pretty! Your tablescape is lovely. Love the placemat colors and the fern/container are so pretty.

Some news: We're staring a Giveaway Friday! link-up party this Fri. 8/27 plus we are giving away custom backsplash! Hope you'll join us.

Allison
Atticmag

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This is so pretty. The colors are rich and what a darling assistant you have.

The Style Sisters said...

Love the napkin rings and the great ways of folding the napkins! Great job...I have those green salad plates too!! Come join Centerpiece Wed.

Karin

Entertaining Women said...

The Bordallo plates with the cinnamon and gold colors are wonderful. Your basketweave compote is a gorgeous versatile piece. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Michelle said...

Very, very pretty and inviting! I especially like your assistant and the vessel that holds your fern.

Gloria said...

Greetings! Looks so pretty, and I love the curtains you have up in there too!
Best regards,
Gloria

Marigene said...

Beautiful fallish table, so rich looking. Love the napkins/placemats. Your Phat Fifi is gorgeous!

Lori Lucas said...

Great table. It looks great for summer or fall. The napkinrings are great. Your 'helper' is quite the poser too! Enjoyed. Lori L

Sue said...

I love all the napkin styles...how fun. I get really bored with the ones I do. Your table setting is very pretty. It puts me in the mood for fall. What I really love is your table!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

The bunny plates are adorable! Beautiful table setting and your little helper is too cute.
Hugs, Sherry

Rettabug said...

Oh my...this is just LOVELY! We have the same placemats & napkins!! I used only the napkins on my last post but will have all of mine out soon. Thinking Fall here, big time!

I just love your home. I can't wait to see more of it, so I just became your newest follower!!!

fondly,
Rett