home Photobucket about Photobucket featured Photobucket favorite posts

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Blue Springs

I live in Mayberry.  Not really but sometimes it feels like Aunt Bea and Andy might be discussing what I have been up to in the kitchen while dinner is being cooked!  High Springs & Alachua Florida are bedroom communities outside of Gainesville.  With a population of approx. 9,000 between the two, community is not only thrust upon you, it becomes a way of life.  But don't feel bad for me.  I have the best of two towns within 3 miles of me that offer great shopping, recreation and amazing freshwater springs.

The two girls I had staying with me during the Babe Ruth World Series from Lodi, Ca.were a blast!  My family had a great time getting to know these girls and watching them play ball.  They finished 5th overall!  Once they were eliminated from the tournament, it was play time!  So off we went to my favorite springs in town!
Blue Springs Park is a privately owned park that offers swimming, canoeing & camping.  The water is 72 degrees all year round.  It is pretty cold but much needed in the summer time!  The park is perfect for a great day of relaxing and cooling off from the Florida heat!

I will quit rambling on and let you see for yourself!




This is the very long river run that takes you on a nice walk to the river.


This is the actual color of the water!  No touch ups done!












This is the end of the run looking at the river. 

The right view of the river.

Left view of the river.

And finally a lone turtle swimming down the river.  I wonder what he is thinking??

I hope you enjoyed my little tour of Blue Springs.  If you are ever this way come by and take a leap off the dock into the deep Blue Springs!

I am linking up with A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday!
And since you are here become a follower!  I love new friends!!



12 comments:

Angie said...

What a neat place! The water is gorgeous!

Barbara Jean said...

oooh! Gorgeous!!

blessings

barbara jean

Ms. Bake-it said...

Fabulous photos! I have not been to Blue springs in a long time. Thank you for the trip down memory lane!

~ Tracy

Mary said...

I am amazed at the water~ so clear & not what I think of at all of a river! I have to say, I love the idea of living in Mayberry :-)

dee dee said...

What an ideal location to swim and view God's creation! Simply beautiful!
Dee Dee

black eyed susans kitchen said...

This place looks ideal! That picture of the turtle is amazing.

annies home said...

what beautiful picture looks like it is very serene and peaceful

Linda said...

Blue Springs looks like a wonderful place to play. I think Mayberry would be the perfect place to live:)

Melissa said...

The turtle makes me happy!!

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Beautiful pictures. Have a blessed week. Hope you can come by for a visit. Debbie

Anonymous said...

I went to high school and college in Deland, Florida, and spent many wonderful hours in Blue Springs and also in a canoe in Blue Run...ahhhhh good memories there, Thank you!!

Unknown said...

These freshwater springs look amazing! The place is perfect for family vacations and summer trips with friends. The water, surrounded by the thick dense forest, looks very beautiful and relaxing. I'm actually jealous of you. I love it!

Shanae Buckner