home Photobucket about Photobucket featured Photobucket favorite posts

Monday, August 23, 2010

Armoire Vignette

I enjoyed a little retail therapy Saturday for my birthday!  Off to Micanopy I went with my sweet little girl.  She hates to shop for the most part but you can con her into anything with the promise of ice cream!  Anyway, we had a great time shopping all the little antique shops.  But my favorite it The Shop.  This place is crammed full of beautiful decor for any style.  I could spend all day (darling sweetie pie not so much)!  I took a few pics of some of their displays.

They have these boxwood trees all over the store.


Lots of branch trees too!


Lots of Lori Mitchell characters.
I took this for my mom!  I knew she would love the elephant.


This is what I really want on top of my armoire!
Hopefully this is coming in the near future!

Here is what I bought

I have wanted these large vintage style pocket watch clocks for a year now!
Happy Birthday to me!!!

But I also got this

I love this ballerina frog!  She was broken at the knees and placed in the clearance section.
For $5 I could not leave her!  She makes me smile.  And the best part is that if she gets broken by the kids I won't be heart broken!  But where to put her?

I moved my moss balls from on top of the TV armoire and make a little vignette for her.




The moss topiary got moved to the niche above the hallway.
What do you think?  Is it to much?

Today was the First Day of School!  I thought you might enjoy a picture!

The brown headed girl is my neighbor.  I take her to school everyday.  I love it!

I am joining Marty at A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesdays!

Enjoy!
If you like what you see, become a follower!  I love new friends!

14 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the first day of school photo!!

KimMalk said...

I love your clocks and your cute froggy. You must go back and get that swan!

Lynn said...

That swan is great, I love it!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a cute shop. So many pretty things. I adore the Swan. Oh, I do hope you get it. I have a black one that I've had for years and it is definitely one of my most favorite pieces in the whole world. You can see it on top of my bookcases and entertainment center. Your clocks are gorgeous. What great finds. The children look all ready for school. Fun days for them. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Debbiedoos said...

Great shop you have with such pretties all around. Cute kids on their first day of school. Mine started last week YAY!~

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Oh, my goodness... The striped hall is just to "die for"~
Love all your pics!
Leticia

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

What a great place to shop and browse. Love your clocks and your ballerina frog.

hugs
Sissie

Melissa Miller said...

Charming frog Lacy. I'm partial to ballerinas myself since I danced for most of my life.

Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy! :)

Robin said...

I love that you put the moss balls in the niche above the hall. I think that's just what it needed!

All That Glitters said...

what a sweet picture of your kiddos!!! I love your wall clocks too!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

I am a clock-a-holic, so I just LOVE the wall clocks! The ballerina frog is adorable and the knee breaks just adds to her character! Linda

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Those vintage style clocks are great! Your ballerina frog is too cute! Yes... it's the first day of school for my grandson tomorrow. I have many memories of first days with my daughters...seems like yesterday. Ha! My youngest daughter is 27... so that was quite a bit ago. So it's fun to share some new memories with my grandson now! Great photo of your children. Memories for sure!

nannykim said...

Oh, I remember the days of carting the kids back and forth to school. I am glad those days are over. When my youngest was little I had to time his naps around the older kids pick up time.

I like frogs too, and have them around the house. So is that a goose or a duck---whatever it is so cute. I love his expression....I am surprise you past him up!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Lacy...

Happy Birthday, my friend!!! I celebrated my birthday on Friday! Hehe! It sounds like you had a fabulous day...shopping! Yeeehawww! I love the little frog ballerina...I think she looks lovely on your armoire! I also love your moss topiaries up in the niche! They really do look beautiful up there...I'd leave them for sure!!! Thank you for sharing your pretties with us today...beautiful vignette, Lacy!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design