home Photobucket about Photobucket featured Photobucket favorite posts

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tired of crooked pictures?

I know I am.  I have tried every little trick that I know to keep my pictures straight.  Martha Stewart recommended putting bumpers on each corner.  That didn't work for me.  Every time the door slams every hung picture went awry.  Hopefully today all this will change.  Autumn from Design Dump is an interior designer who introduced me to The Cobra Tack!


The Cobra Tack comes in a variety of sizes.  I found mine at Lowes.  They are simple to use and it really leaves no guess work to hanging pictures.  Autumn recommends this to all her clients.  It is a great way to hang a grouping of pictures.  It keeps the picture level and makes it easy to hang equal distances from each other.  Click on her name above to see her tutorial!

I tried them out today on 5 different problem pictures.  They were so easy. 
I hope this offers a solution to all your crooked pictures!

Lacy



5 comments:

KimMalk said...

I've never heard of these before. Thanks for sharing the tip.

autumn said...

thanks for the mention! i am so glad to know that you loved using the cobra tacks...i have been using them for years, and they are one of my favorite "secret weapons".
have a fabulous night.
:)
autumn

Emily said...

Love the new window treatments!! :) Don't you just love finding new blog friends?!

Sonny G said...

I love what you made. I'm getting ready to hang mine this weekend and you've inspired me.. I hope you'll come see when I post them..I'm your newest follower so I'll be back to see what you create next~!!
hugs and happy smiles
Sonny

Sonny G said...

PS~ I have the very same Pear you used as your About Me emblem:)